[birdky] Re: Raccoons - to Grackles

  • From: "Millie" <kymillie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 22:46:00 -0400

Been reading with great amusement about the raccoons. Although they are in the
neighborhood (and I have a good, hilarious story about  our experience with a
mother and her 3 babes in our basement)... My problem is Grackles. Beautiful
bird in the sunlight, BUT.... we usually have just a couple around, but now
they have moved in. Must have a nest nearby.  Have 6 of 7 and they are even
showing the young-uns where our platform feeder is, feeding them up there, and
eating all my sunflower seed (the only thing in it).  Even our pesky, plethora
of doves are having trouble getting to the seed.  Any suggestions?..
Millie Farmer, St. Matthews, KY