[birdky] RPT: West KY highlights, Sept 22-23 ... Anhingas and Scissor-tailed Flycat

  • From: brainard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: BIRDKY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 23:16:18 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Mark Monroe, Eddie Huber, and myself got a nice study of two female/imm.
Anhingas kettling with some vultures late this morning; we were watching for
migrating raptors at the Fort Jefferson Memorial Cross on the hill overlooking
the Miss River just south of Wickliffe. The birds were viewed at maybe 2 miles
to the north-northwest over the vicinity of the southern end of Swan Lake. We
all lost them as we were trying for distant photos and are not sure which
direction they flew.

Yesterday we had a gorgeous adult Scissor-tailed Flycatcher along Obion Creek
several miles north of Hickman. The bird dashed south on us after about 5-10
minutes and we did not relocate it.

More details from this trip in the morning.

bpb, Louisville