[birdky] RPT: Update on Northern Shrike in Jefferson County

  • From: "Palmer-Ball, Brainard (EEC)" <Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 12:01:27 -0500

The Northern Shrike was seen several times this morning at the Melco flood
retention basin in southern Jefferson County, although it continues to be
rather elusive, moving about from place to place and disappearing for stretches
of time.

Eddie Huber will be out at the retention basin into the early afternoon; he
asked that if anyone was interested in coming to let him know by cell phone
....  502/724-1924, otherwise he will leave by mid-afternoon.

Anyone wishing to look for the shrike in coming days should check with Eddie or
myself to arrange a time to go search. I'm sure a few folks will be out there
from time to time to allow access; just get ahold of one of us and we can
probably work something out.

BPB, Frankfort