[birdky] RPT: Caspian Terns at Minor Clark Fish Hatchery (Rowan Co.)

  • From: "Gerald Robe" <geraldrobe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "birdkentucky" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 21:38:44 -0400

I observed 2 Caspian Terns this afternoon at the Minor Clark Fish Hatchery in
Rowan County.
They were flying around the front part of the hatchery (near the parking lot)
and then landed and sat for a while next to a pair of Mallards. They took off
again and flew around some more, finally flying off in the direction of Cave
Run Lake (east).

Iâ??ve posted several photos on my Flikr page, link below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50146049@N07/5748549141/