[birdky] RPT: Black-bellied Whistling-Ducks ... lightening does strike twice!

  • From: "Palmer-Ball, Brainard (EEC)" <Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 18:30:29 -0400

There are 10 Black-bellied Whistling-Ducks off Ross Road sw. of Rumsey in
McLean County today. Melissa Gaither has sent me a nice photo of them. Melissa
photo'd five Black-bellieds last year near the same location on 20 May 2010!
Last year the 5 were on a farm pond but these birds are in a flooded bottom
nearby. I don't have exact location info yet.

A few of us from Louisville are going to head down there tomorrow with perhaps
some shorebirding in Hardin County on the return. If anyone would like to
carpool or meet up with us, send me an email this evening.

bpb, Louisville