[birdky] Possible Bullock's Oriole

  • From: Jeff Rowe <rowesjd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 16:31:48 -0800 (PST)

This is my first attempt to post a sighting on this listing.  I hope it works.

I returned to Kevil, KY today to find an oriole perched on our pool fence.  By
the time I retrieve my camera from the car, the bird had flown from the fence
to my feeder and then to a cherry tree about 100 fet away.  I was able to snap
one poor photo.  The oriole had an orange head with black chin and bib.  I also
observed destinct white wing bars.   My best guess would be a
Bullock's oriole.  I will post again if it comes back tomorrow.

Jeff Rowe
McCracken, County