[birdky] Re: Pacific loon

  • From: "Palmer-Ball, Brainard (EEC)" <Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 09:01:32 -0500

Mark Monroe, Eddie Huber, and myself wished we could have scanned
Kentucky Lake from the boat ramp at the mouth of Little Bear Creek last
Sunday, but we were not allowed access by the DES workers searching for
the missing fisherman. This would have been pretty unremarkable had it
not been for the response from one of the emergency personnel in charge
who told us in no uncertain terms in response to my statement that we
would just like to scan for birds from the point for maybe 15 minutes or
so ... she said very matter-of-factly "there aren't any birds out there"
... I kid you not!

bpb, Louisville