[birdky] One more comment on R-B Grosbeaks

  • From: bclute@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 16:33:36 -0700

Since everyone has been commenting on the R-B Grosbeaks, I thought I would join
the bandwagon.  I live in Berea.  The male came to my feeder about two weeks
ago, then the female came alone for several days.  Now they are both feeding,
mostly together, several times a day.  I moved here last August from coastal NC
(Wilmington) and am totally new to this area.  This is the first time I have
seen them (ever), so am very excited.  I had a male Rufous-sided towhee last
week and a consistent pair of Downey Woodpeckers and Cardinals, a couple of
days of Thrashers, but mainly the usual visitors.

I've already learned a lot from all of you regarding good places to see birds.
If you're going out and don't mind an additional person, please let me know.  I
used to go out with a group in Indnpls (Bud Starling and others) many years
ago.  I "managed" a blue bird box in my backyard in Wilmington, NC for the last
six years.

Thanks,
Betsy Clute
Berea, KY