[birdky] Meadowlarks

  • From: "Tipton,Sue" <SueTipton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:42:38 -0400

Just saw our first 2 Meadowlarks yesterday (4/29) sitting on the fence
posts.  We had 8 to 10 last year.

We still have a few House Finches in Larue County.  The Goldfinch (nearly
40) that had overwintered have almost disappeared.

The female Redwings are back and the males were in full glory chasing them
and singing from the trees yesterday evening.  Even our tractor mowing next
to them didn't faze them.  Unfortunately, I also saw a 3 foot black snake.

Sue Tipton
Magnolia, KY