[birdky] LONG-BILLED MURRELET Directions?

  • From: Ron.Mccullick@xxxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:25:13 -0500

I just received the update posted by Kathy Caminiti.   Can anyone give me
directions to the area  "still being seen at the water tower where David
saw it yesterday."

Thank you.

Ron McCullick
Bloomington IN
ron.mccullick@xxxxxxxx
(812)325-2613

----- Forwarded by Ron McCullick/PTG/Dana on 10/30/2002 11:22 AM -----

                      Ron McCullick

                                               To:      birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      10/30/2002 11:21         cc:

                      AM                       Subject: LONG-BILLED
MURRELET?(Document link: Ron
                                               McCullick)

I have been monitoring the KY list for a year for just this type of event
in northern KY.    Alas, timing is everything and am I a day late and a
bird short?   I could not get away yesterday or this morning.   But, I can
get out of work this afternoon.   Before I take 1/2 a vacation day and
drive to Louisville is there any news?   Even some feedback that someone
searched such and such an area and did not find the bird would be
appreciated.   If someone does locate the bird today,  please post or call
my cell phone # below.  Thank you.

Hengeveld posted a few additional details about their sighting on the
Indiana list server today.

Ron McCullick
Bloomington IN
ron.mccullick@xxxxxxxx
(812)325-2613

                      Brainard.Palmer-Ball@mail.

                      state.ky.us                        To:
birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                           cc:

                      birdky-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx         Subject: [birdky]
LONG-BILLED MURRELET

                      10/30/2002 08:29 AM

                      Please respond to birdky

For everyone who might have just read my tips post, I want to clarify that
HAD NOT read this post from Ron.McCullick when I composed my previous
message . . . and I'm not sure what time 5:25 refers to?????  If it is 5:25
Eastern Standard Time, it would appear that those of us looking for the
bird
late in the afternoon and until about 6:00 p.m. EST were WAY too far
downstream and that the bird had returned back upstream to the original
discovery location??? How frustrating #*&@?!#?*?!

So to my last post, I should add that perhaps more in the original location
than downstream towards Louisville (and maybe even UPSTREAM) would be good
possibilities.

Sorry for the confusion,

bpb, Louisville
brainard.palmer-ball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx