[birdky] INFO: Updated visitation arrangement for Rufous Hummingbird

  • From: "Palmer-Ball, Brainard (EEC)" <Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 19:35:19 -0500

The Rufous Hummingbird continues at Elizabethtown. I finalized some
visitation protocol with Caroline Gregory today. They would like for
folks to try to come this Sunday afternoon, December 13th. If you plan
to go, please email or call first so they know to expect you. Email is:
kuvaszfan@xxxxxxx; phone is 270/766-1943. The bird is quite easily seen
from the driveway or side of the front yard when it visits the feeder on
the front porch.

Directions from I-65 and the eastern terminus of the Western Kentucky
Parkway at the junction of KY 61 towards Hodgenville. Take US 31W just
north of this junction to KY 210 and go east (old road to Hodgenville).
Once onto KY 210 going east, take an almost immediate left onto KY 567
(Valley Creek Rd.), go about 1.2 miles and turn left onto Simpson
Brothers Dr. The Gregories are in the red brick (3rd) house on the
right, and past the pond. The house sits up against a block of nice,
mature deciduous forest. They have a few *very* large dogs that seemed
friendly (this is unmarked off KY 567 on KY Gazetteer, p. 48, block E-5)

If you cannot make Sunday afternoon, you can call or email Caroline to
see if you can arrange another time, but they would prefer a weekend
day.

BPB, Louisville