[birdky] Re: Henderson County White-faced Ibis & closing date.

  • From: Charles Crawford <cr4d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:42:15 -0500

Henderson Sloughs Sauerheber Unit is still open until the end of October. On November 1st morning the gates will be closed and locked and will re-open March 15th. This later closing date was instituted several years ago. It was done to allow two more weeks of deer hunting on public land. Some of the signs are old and have Oct. 15th as the closing date, but others are new and have the later date.

As to the White-faced Ibis. I checked this morning and it was still in the Shorebird Unit.

Charlie
Henderson Co.

On Oct 14, 2009, at 4:06 PM, David Ayer wrote:

Hello,
I just wanted to let everyone know that the White-faced Ibis was still present at the sloughs as of 10 am this morning. Unless it moves out closer to the highway, no one else may be able to see it. There was a sign at the beginningof the road that I drove back that said it would close for the season tomorrow.

                                                 David Ayer
                                                Rockport, IN

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * BIRDKY List Manager: Gary Ritchison, Richmond, KY