[birdky] Grasshopper Sparrow

  • From: "Lyneart" <lyneart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 09:21:57 -0500

I have been thinking that I could hear a Grasshopper Sparrow singing every now
and then in a certain spot of meadow for most of the summer but couldn't spot
one for any amout of effort. Finally, this morning, one appeared on a weed
within seventy five feet of where I was standing. I could see it opening its
mouth as if to sing but couldn't hear it at all from that distance. No wonder
I've had such a hard time finding one. I can't hear one anymore unless it's
singing right in my ear.
Frank Lyne frank@xxxxxxxxxxx near Dot in Logan County, KY