[birdky] Fwd: [bcbirdclub] Breaks Interstate Park 6/15/11

  • From: <ss6400@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 10:52:59 -0500

I finally got a chance to run down home(Elkhorn City) a couple days.   I
realize that this park is mostly in VA. but it was a perfect day to get out. My
cousin is now conducting bird walking tours in the parkProbably stayed in the
60's til afternoon!   The blackburnian appears to be on territory.   A first
for the park, I think.  The list follows;

> From: "David and Susan Raines" > To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> > My cousin, Steve Sweeney & I spent the morning birding several areas of the
> > park. We enjoyed some good looks @ several beautiful birds. Bird song &
> > activity are at their peak now that most birds are in the "family way". We
> > logged a total of 39 species, with 9 of those being warblers. Warbler
> > species included;Blackburnian, Bl-th Green, N.Parula, Yellow-th,
> > Worm-eating, Ovenbird, L.Waterthrush, Hooded, & Swainson's Warblers. Also
> > noted were Blue-headed, Red-eyed& Yellow-th Vireos. Eastern Towhee, Scarlet
> > Tanager, Wood Thrush & Eastern Bluebird made their presence known. I really
> > expected the list to be a little longer but the amazing looks we had at
> > those warblers made up for it.
>
> DaveR/Breaks,VA
Steve Sweeney
Boyd Co.