[birdky] Re: Duck at Cave Hill

  • From: "Millie" <kymillie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <Birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 19:11:29 -0400

Only got two replies but "we" have decided that this is a cross between a
domestic duck and a mallard. The body is bigger than a mallard but smaller than
the domestic and very white, the head is smaller than a domestic, has grayish
spots  and shaped like a mallard's,  but a black long patch on its head like a
mallard. There also seems to be a strange growth above the beak, not present on
either of the parents.    Curious (and friendly) creature.... Millie