[birdky] Re: Cerulean Warbler

  • From: "Marsh, Scott" <SMarsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roseannamd@xxxxxxxxx>, "Birdky" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 15:05:22 -0400

Poor kitty cat.

From: birdky-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:birdky-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Roseanna Denton
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2010 3:01 PM
To: Birdky
Subject: [birdky] Cerulean Warbler

A singing Cerulean Warbler showed up in the yard on the evening of the
22nd. It's been singing for the past couple of days. This is a first in
the yard for me in June. There are woods on the west and north side of
my yard, but they're not very extensive. You could probably throw a cat
through them.

Bluebirds are working on their second brood in the box on the back porch
and the Killdeer's second brood hatched a few days ago at the end of the
drive. An American Kestrel remains on the nest in a box on an electric
pole in the adjoining field. I'm not sure whether it's the same pair
that was there in early spring. The box wasn't initially put up for them
and is only about 10' off the ground, but they've used it for several
years, now.

Roseanna Denton

Science Hill, Pulaski County