[birdky] Casey Creek/Plum Point, Adair County 10/14/09

  • From: "Roseanna Denton" <roseanna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Birdky" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 19:16:23 -0400

I checked the mudflats at Casey Creek and Plum Point today and found a few
shorebirds had stopped in.

Casey Creek
Greater Yellowlegs 1
Semipalmated Plover 2
Least Sandpiper 2
Also Great Egrets 4
Tree Swallows 200+
Brown Creeper
Ruby-crowned and Golden -crowned Kinglets
Rose-breasted Grosbeaks
Tennessee, Magnolia and Yellow-rumped Warblers

Plum Point
Black-bellied Plovers 5 (crisp, clean looking juveniles)
Dunlin 18
Also Great Egret 10
Tree Swallow 1000+

I'd like to kayak up the Green from Plum Point to the Snake Creek ramp to check
out the whole area, but the rain keeps pouring. It's looking like a free day
and a rain free day will never line up.

Birding smiles . . . . .

~Roseanna Denton
Science Hill, Pulaski County