[birdky] Brant

  • From: "Margaret Foote" <foote_m@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 19:11:40 -0400

I've been reading the list for months, and now have a contribution to make.
Yesterday afternoon (May 27) my husband, Doug, and I went down to Somerset
to see if we could see the Brant.  I guessed it would be at Pumphouse Pond,
which we found with no difficulties -- thanks for the great directions.  The
geese flew in at 8:00 p.m., and after a few minutes study we were able to
pick out the Brant amid the 23 or so geese. The geese and Brant foraged on
the far side of the pond from where we stood.  Geese and Brant were still
feeding when we finally left around 8:40 or so.

We also saw the Wood Duck family, a Great Blue Heron, and probably a beaver.

Margaret Foote
Richmond, KY
Madison County