[birdky] BirdKY

  • From: "Bryant, Rhonda" <rbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 08:03:31 -0400

A Saturday trip to the Berea College Woods covered about 6 miles of
trail and included 10 species of warbler, all of which were likely
summer residents. We did not hear any Black-throated Green.

A 8-10 mile trip down the licking river from Blue Licks to the mouth of
cedar included the following list of 63. The Great Blue Heron rookery
was in use again this year with 5 active nest. the youngsters were
bigger than I expected. We also had 3 Willow Flycatchers, and a Cerulean
Warbler. The flycatchers and the Orioles were in huge numbers. No Green
Herons, and several possible Warblers missed.

Great Blue Heron
Black Vulture
Turkey Vulture
Wood Duck (lots of young)