[birdky] Bernheim Forest CBC postponed

  • From: "Palmer-Ball, Brainard (EPPC OOS KNPC)" <Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx>
  • To: "'birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 20:51:20 -0500

Sorry for the late notice, but like the Olmstead count, tomorrow's Bernheim
Forest CBC has been postponed to Tuesday, December 28th. I think I've
covered all the normal participants today with phone calls, but we're going
to be a little short-handed this year, so if anyone has Tuesday free, please
feel free to email or call me (502/426-8549) and join up.

My last count of Horned Larks on the farm in eastern Jefferson County today
was 360!  I wish I knew how many had visited the past couple of days as
there is some turnover; by this afternoon, many birds were loafing in
groups, their bellies full of cracked corn! A brief run-by of their other
main hangout in northeastern Jefferson County Chamberlain Lane horse
pens)early this afternoon turned up on about 10 larks and an awefully
desolate looking landscape for field foraging birds.

bpb, Louisville