[birdky] Barkley Lake paddle

  • From: HapC1@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 17:25:10 -0400 (EDT)

Melissa and I chose the forecast, low wind day, for a paddle across Barkley
 Lake. Don't believe the forecast when it comes to wind on the lake. We
worked to  go as far as we did.
Our bird of great interest was a swan. We were too far and without the
optics to distinguish which species. All we know is it was big, white and
alone.

Canada Goose  X
Gadwall  X
Mallard  X
Ruddy  Duck  X
Pied-billed Grebe  X
Double-crested Cormorant   X
American White Pelican  130
Great Blue Heron  X
Great  Egret  4
Black Vulture  4
Turkey Vulture  X
Red-tailed  Hawk  1
Peregrine Falcon 1 (on Osprey nest on the bridge)
American Coot   X
Wilson's Snipe  1
Ring-billed Gull  X
Herring Gull   X
American Crow  X
Eastern Bluebird  X

At Jonathan Creek we had the usual Forster's Terns but nothing else of
interest.
Hap
Murray, KY