[birdky] Backyard Hawk and Pine Siskins

  • From: "Millie" <kymillie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <Birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 18:44:25 -0500

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a terrible photo of what was identified by list
members as a Cooper's Hawk. He returned a few days ago to our backyard and this
time stayed around long enough for me to get really good photos so someone can
confirm again. (the closeup in the shade is really bad, color wise, but the
ones on the fence are really quite clear).   Also included in this album are
photos of what I identified as Pine Siskins. We had never had these in our yard
before, but they look just like the birds in Sibleys and my other bird books
and were on the finch feeder with the goldfinches. Hopefully, I am correct. I
have not seen the pine siskins for a few days.  The link is
http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/561382821lddijL

Millie Farmer
St. Matthews, KY