[birdky] BKY: Lexington birds Scott Marsh

  • From: "Roseanna Denton" <roseanna@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BirdKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 10:57:55 -0400

The weekend was not as exciting in Lexington as it was in Somerset, but there
were still a few birds
passing through. Saturday at the UK arboretum, Rhonda and I found several
American Redstarts, a
Tennessee, and a Gray-cheeked Thrush. On Sunday at the Lexington Cemetery we
had numerous Magnolia,
2 Tennessee, a Chestnut-sided, a Cape May, and a single Blackpoll singing and
feeding in good view.
Also one Gray-cheeked Thrush, and an abundance of Swainson's Thrushes, along
with hundreds of Cedar
Waxwings were found feeding on the fruit of some ornamental weeping cherry tree
planted throughout
the cemetery.

Scott

Lexington