[birdky] BKY: Anchorage Trail in Louisville

  • From: P & J BELL <patjanebell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BirdKY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 18:48:57 -0700 (PDT)

This morning we took a quick trip to the Anchorage Trail. We were not able to
complete the trail due to the rain that was approaching.  We had our first
Brown Creeper for this season. We have been keeping a record of the birds that
we have seen on the trail and beside the creeper we added a Black-billed Cuckoo
and an Ovenbird today.

Highlights -
Red-t and Cooper's Hawks
Black-billed Cuckoo
Chimney Swift
Yel-b. Sapsucker
Blue-headed Vireo
Brown Creeper
Warblers -Nashville,Magnolia, Black-thr. Green, Black-and-white,Ovenbird,
Yel.-rumped
Sparrows, Field, Chipping, Song

We had a Ruby-t. Hummingbird at our feeder today.

Yesterday(Wednesday) a Summer Tanager was eating sunflower seeds on our
platform feeder with a Rose-br. Gosbeak.

Pat and Jane Bell
Louisville