[birdky] Abuzz

  • From: "Joan Carr" <joan-of-art@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 18:08:16 -0400

The area is abuzz with RUBY-THROATED HUMMINGBIRDS right now, both at the
feeders and among the flowers. I am always surprised that they love the
white "Rose-of-Sharon" blossoms so much, but then the "Rose-of-Sharon" is a
member of the hibiscus family! After being quiet for a week or so, the
RED-BELLIED WOODPECKERS are vocalizing again. Warblers are beginning to move
through, along with tanagers and others. Every day we are entertained by
something new at lunchtime and suppertime. Great entertainment!

Cheers,

Joan of Art and Nature (Carr)

Pike County