[birdky] A few vistors today and another Red-tailed Hawk sighting

  • From: "Jordan Davis" <warriah@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:26:57 -0500

Hello again!

Since I got out of work earlier than usual this morning, I decided to wander
around the yard and see what I could find.  Of course, lots of Cardinals and
Chickadees hanging out at the platform feeder as well as a Titmouse!  Others
were on the feeder before I left, but I didn't get a good look.

Around the yard:

One Pileated Woodpecker
At least one Blue Jay... every time this one screamed, all the birds would
disappear.  Is that normal?
A few crows checking out the suet feeder
Several Chipping Sparrows
And one Rose-Breasted Grosbeak.  I kept hearing its call and wondering what
in the world it was... then I spotted a bird... then I saw the bird call!
Yep, that's the one!  No doubt about it :)  She was hanging out in the
dogwood trees.

I spotted the Red-tailed Hawk again this afternoon on my way back from lab.
He was along Cemetery road less than a mile from where I spotted him the
other day hanging out in a dead tree about 20 feet off the road.  Going
towards town, his tree is on the right in between the 65 south light and the
following light.  I'm assuming it is the same one since it was so close to
the last spot.

Hope everyone's having a great afternoon!

-Jordan
Bowling Green, KY