[bigbangrobotics] ROBOTS: Battle at the Beach

  • From: Jay Johnson <tallyjay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bigbangrobotics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 05:17:56 -0800 (PST)

Hello all!  Big Bang Robotics will be taking our
120-lb robot to a competition in Ormond Beach next
week - "Battle at the Beach".  The competition will
feature nearly 100 robots and will run from March 5-8.
 We expect to see a lot of flying parts - though
hopefully not from OUR bot.  The bots that place first
and second in this South East Championship event will
qualify to compete in the Triangle National
Championship this August in Minnesota.  Wish us luck!

One of the interesting things about this competition
is it will be "broadcast" over the Internet.  If you
are interested in viewing the event from the comfort
of your own home, tickets for the netcast are
available at
http://www.botcast.com/live/index.php?event=2 (its
cheaper than taking the family to a movie!)

We'll post an update after the event to let you know
how things went.  Don't forget to visit our web site:
http://www.bigbangrobotics.com for the latest in robot
combat news!

Jay Johnson
Big Bang Robotics