Hello Fellow Big 12 Colleagues,
I am excited that each of you have decided to join our listserv. Here in West
Virginia, medical amnesty legislation was passed this past year. I have formed
a working group here on campus to review how we are employing medical amnesty.
Once this passed, prior to my arrival on campus, the Office of General Counsel
added language regarding medical amnesty to our code of conduct. I am planning
to make some tweaks to this but prior to making these changes, I would
appreciate any insights that you might offer.
Can you please share the following:
* ?Does your state have medical amnesty?
* Are medical amnesty cases handled in any special way? Please Explain
* Do these cases result in a student disciplinary record?
* Are this cases managed by student conduct professionals on campus or
* Do you have special letter templates that you use for medical amnesty
cases if you do not charge them under your code of conduct?
* Please share another other relevant information related to medical amnesty