Beara Garden Club List Message - visit to Derrynane on Tuesday 17

  • From: bgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Garden Club New <bgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 13:23:31 +0100

Dear all.

This message is really for those who want to go to Derrynane. We will meet in Ardgroom at 9.50, and go straight to Derrynane. I'm afraid it will take abut 2 hours. They expect us in the cafe about 12 o'clock, but know that everybody will choose what they want to eat. The house does not seem to be very crowded, no need to book in advance, but I suggest that those of us who want to visit it go after eating, to leave the rest of the day free to explore the 120 hectares of woods, nature trail, beach and island.  The price to visit the house  is 5 euros a head but there are reductions for families, for seniors, and for groups, so I imagine we will fit into some or all of those categories! I will visit the house too. The visit is not very long, about 30 minutes. with perhaps more for an audio visual presentation. Don't forget beach wear if you want to bathe.

We'll spend as long as we want in Derrynane, and then go and find some cakes in the tea rooms in Caherdaniel, and then home.

Look forward to seeing you all,

Charmian