[betabookcourier] Re: suggested revision of multiple-file transfer info

  • From: Katie Walker <katie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: betabookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 20:30:11 -0700

Thanks, John. I'll work on the wording.

At 05:22 PM 10/14/2005, you wrote:
Here's the original info from the website re being able to specify a directory for multiple files:

Ability to Bypass the File Title Dialog Box for Multiple File Transfers.
We've added a checkbox on the File Title dialog box that allows you to set a default
destination for all the files in a multiple file transfer operation. As a result,
you only need to complete the File Title dialog once for all the files in the transfer.
The Transfer Tool uses the same target folder for all the files while providing a
customized title for each individual file.

I suggest this be revised as follows:

Ability to Bypass the File Title Dialog Box for Multiple File Transfers.
We've added a checkbox on the File Title dialog box that allows you to set the destination for all the files in a multiple file transfer
operation. As a result,
you only need to complete the File Title dialog once for all the files in the transfer.
The Transfer Tool uses the same target folder for all the files while providing a
customized title for each individual file. This destination is not retained once the multiple file transfer is complete.

It seems to me that "default" is confusing, and I've added a sentence telling the user that this setting is only good for the current
transfer session.
John

Katie Walker
Springer Design, Inc.