[betabookcourier] possible problem with latest beta

  • From: "john riehl" <realman02@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "beta book courier list" <betabookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 20:03:31 -0500

I've got the latest beta for the BC. I just came back from a trip on which I
tried to read books on two different 512-meg flash cards and
a 128-meg card. When I put the card in, the BC reads the file names correctly;
holwever, when I try to read a file, they are all gibberish.
One card had 20 or so .txt book files on it; all of them are gibberish. It's
possible, but not probable, that I messed up and did not wait
until the BC beeped before removing the memory cards. These cards were loaded
with files before the installation of the new beta.  Is
it possible that the latest beta caused this? Can anyone duplicate this? That
is, have files loaded on a memory card prior to installing
the latest beta be corrupted? all are .txt files.