[betabookcourier] Suggestion for transfer tool

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <betabookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 12:11:10 +0100

Hi folks,

Now that we virtually need to transfer MP3 files using the transfer tool,
could I please ask that we get better folder management in the transfer
tool?  For example, if you have several albums you want to transfer to the
BC, at the moment it is, at best, clumsy, because the transfer tool does not
create folders.  Now that we can specify to bypass the file titles, would
the next logical step be to allow the transfer tool to create folders?  An
ideal situation would be that you could just select a folder, or multiple
folders, in Windows Explorer, add them to the clipboard, then paste them
into the transfer tool.  OK, the possibility exists that there are files in
the folder that BC would not support, but then the BC could either not
transfer them, or revert to Windows Explorer, and transfer them as merely
data files, and not play them.  At the moment, I just feel that the transfer
tool lacks intelligence where folders are concerned, and if you want to
transfer multiple complete folders of files, then the transfer tool is hard
work in my opinion.

Katie, or anyone at Springer, what do you think?

All the best
mobile:  +44(0)7956 334938,
Email:  Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web site:  http://www.comproom.co.uk