[betabookcourier] Re: More BC and K1000

  • From: "Brian Moore" <bmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <betabookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:38:39 -0400

Hi all. Okay, just got my version 10 of k1000 today so I wqill play with this too. UNtil this point, I have converted my scanned books into text format and used the bc transfer tool to move the text files. It seemed to be hit and miss whether the page changes from the original scan were reflected won the bc when using page navigation commands which I use all the time.

I will play with version 10 of k1000 over the next day or so and report back

I'm having another wierd issue but don't want to report it here until I'm sure its an issue with the bc transfer tool.

Whenever I transfer a group of text files and chech the box to not prompt for file names, the bc tool crashes with the standard windows error reporting dialogue.

If anyone else is experiencing this, I would be interested in hearing it. Before I raise this as a real bug though, I am going to re-image my laptop back to a known good image and then try again. Other people were using it and it may have some nasty spy ware stuff. Addaware or spybot aren't finding anything but I am also having the odd isssue with the latest window-eyes beta on the same machine so let's see what happens after a re-image.

Brian.

----- Original Message ----- From: "M Kilburn" <mkilburn@xxxxxxxxxxx>