[betabookcourier] More BC and K1000

  • From: M Kilburn <mkilburn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Beta Book Courier List <BetaBookCourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 11:40:18 -0300

Hello again:

On doing some testing in transfering files into BC, files that have
originated through scanning them into K1000, I've discovered that when
one uses the text format within K1000 versus the KES format, this does
not provide for very accurate navigating beyond sentence and word
navigation in BC. However, when I converted the K1000 file by actually
saving it as a text file and then transferred this file into BC using
the transfer tool, I am then able to navigate using paragraph and page
navigation in BC which seems to follow the original document much
better. As I said however if I use the dialog box within K1000 which
allows me to choose between either TEXT or KES format,choosing text
format does not produce the same results as I've mentioned above.

For anyone who's not familiar with this interplay between K1000 and BC I
hope I'm not confusing you too much. Anyway, I've discovered one way to
improve my BC navigation and with these K1000 files and that for me is a
good thing. I'm not sure if this could have been done without this newer
Beta version.

Regards,
Mike