[betabookcourier] Re: How's it going?

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <betabookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 07:21:13 +0100

Hi Katie,

Most of the time I transfer multiple Daisy books, which tend to be large,
and also I tend to transfer large MP3 files, as I have a 2GB, not a 4GB at
the moment, card.  But from what you are saying here, the problem is going
to get even worse with 4GB cards, because you can transfer even more large
files.  I actually think that the tool should never ask you this question
anyway.  What does the user care, most of the time, they want to put on the
whole file.  The tool should actually calculate before it transfers the
file, whether it is going to fit or not, and only then, should it request
the possibility of a partial file.  After all, who is going to put on a
partial file, when they have tons of room on their car?  Or am I totally off
the wall?  I just happen to think this dialog most of the time is just
annoying and gets in the way.  You don't find Windows Explorer asking you
that, do you?  <Smile>.

Or if you don't want to get rid of it, how about allowing us to specify the
size of the file that must occur before this question is asked?

Katie, the other day, I transferrred six MP3 files, of 100 MB each, and got
asked this question six times.  Would you not agree that this is a pain?

All the best
mobile:  +44(0)7956 334938,
Email:  Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web site:  http://www.comproom.co.uk