[beports] Re: relocation & version control system

  • From: Brecht Machiels <brecht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: beports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 13:24:44 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, 2008-07-26 at 12:52 +0200, Andreas Färber wrote:
> Am 22.07.2008 um 16:25 schrieb scott mc:
>
> > For the port log category pages I see that they are automatically
> > added to the top when we create each "new" entry, so in cases where it
> > existed before I have removed them from the lower listing.  I've only
> > done this once so far but it seemed logical, was that the intention?
>
> I interpreted it that way, too. We don't need them linked twice in the
> end.

Indeed. Once the ports have been inserted into the database, those wiki
pages can be removed.

Each database level (category, ports, version, revison) is linked to a
wiki page. Empty wiki pages are created when they don't exist yet (on
submitting the AddPort form). I have done this so that the links in the
Trac wiki don't look right (otherwise it's a grey link with a question
mark appended). I forgot to automatically add empty wiki pages for the
category wiki pages, so that the PortLog page shows all these gray
links. I will add them manually later.

I did not overwrite the existing wiki pages (port pages) from Assembla,
so their content can manually be moved to the corresponding revision
pages. Once the content is moved, the old pages are obsolete and may be
removed.

> Once all ports have been converted, the Wiki part of the port page
> (that contains the old links) can be used to accomodate anything that
> doesn't fit in the boxes.

That is the idea indeed. The port wiki pages can be used to store
general information concerning the port (Haiku/BeOS-specific). The same
goes for the version pages.

I should probably write a wiki page on how the new PortLogPlugin
functionality should be used...

Regards,
Brecht

P.S. I hope to enable access to the SVN repository this weekend. No
promises however :/

--
BePorts homepage - http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts