[beports] Re: relocation & version control system

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: beports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 05:44:22 -0700

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 4:40 AM, Brecht Machiels <brecht@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 07:25 -0700, scott mc wrote:
>> > One thing I do have my doubts about though is the display of the
>> > "revisions". Isn't a revision supposed to be an incremental piece of work,
>> > i.e. revision 1 is the initial porting work, revision 2 extends/fixes
>> > things
>> > etc. They used to be on the same page but now they are separated, so when
>> > reading/editing, the previous work is not visible. Could this be changed to
>> > display the revisions directly on the version page?
>
> I was indeed thinking of displaying all revision pages on the
> corresponding version page, instead of only placing links to them. I
> will make that change. I'm not sure if it's possible to directly edit
> one revision entry from the version page though. IIRC, I recall seeing a
> plugin that might allow that however.
>
>> > Also, when updating pages I keep getting a message saying "Warning: Page
>> > not
>> > modified, showing latest version.", but it did update the port metadata.
>
> This warning is about the wiki page. If you only changed the metadata
> and left the wiki content alone, it will display this. In a previous
> version of Trac, I could suppress it, but the Trac version I'm currently
> using seems to have a bug and I needed to disable it.
>
>> And it seems to not take changes on the first attempt, or at least it
>> doesn't display them on the first try.  I updated 10 or so page
>> yesterday and i think everyone ended up at rev2 by the time i was
>> done.
>> I think maybe the changes happen but aren't shown right away?
>
> You complained about this before too, right? I was not able to reproduce
> this error myself. Perhaps it's simply a matter of confusion. The
> PortLogPlugin creates empty wiki pages for each port, version and
> revision (see my reply to Andreas's mail). These empty wiki page are
> revision 1 (wiki page revision). This makes your first change revision
> 2.
>
> Regards,
> Brecht
>

> --
> BePorts homepage - http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts

I created 3 new tickets for little bugs i saw with the new site.  You
can fix or close them as invalid.  Another thing I noticed is that I'm
not getting emails when certain things happen like I did on the old
site.
Nice work so far.  It will be nice to get svn back as I have a few
patches and such that I need to add.

I've only noticed updates from me and Andreas, are there others on
this list that just haven't yet spoken up yes, that need to be given
access rights so they can help out as well?

-scottmc

--
BePorts homepage - http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts