[beports] making binary zips

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: beports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 22:39:15 -0700

I'm trying something different to capture all of the installed files
for things built using the GNU system.  Here's what I did, first I got
it to the point where I knew everything that is required to build the
package, built it and tested it, then ran make clean.  For my porting
efforts I've been using the new Haiku /boot/common as my --prefix
target.  I make a new folder called say /boot/target, then use
./configure --prefix=/boot/target, then make, make install.  Now I
rename target to common and zip up /boot/common into a file called
port-haiku-x.x.x.zip
Then I delete this new common folder and rename the common-1 back to common.
I'm guessing there's other ways to do this and only capture the files
that should be included in a binary zip file.  Anyone have other ideas
on this?
So far I've only done this with indent, which is located on the new
haikuports side in the downloads section:
http://ports.haiku-files.org
Note that indent then created several new folders in the common
folder, mostly for documentation type stuff.
-scottmc

--
BePorts homepage - http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts