[beports] Re: knocking out ports on the roadmap

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: beports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 16:04:22 -0700

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 6:08 AM, Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Scott,
>
>  I don't want to nag on this, but please don't put anything apart from the
> [[TOC]] above the topmost heading (links in whatever form should go below
> it). Also, please separate different versions through second-level headings
> (in some places you have a heading version X but talk of Y in Haiku/BeBits
> below it, that should go into a separate section). I already did some
> cleanup some days ago, please fix the new pages once you're back.
>
>  Thanks,
>  Andreas

I think I got them all cleaned up.  I also updated the Guidelines page
to show where to put the link to the package/libs webpage.
I noticed a couple of them might just need the
configure --prefix=/boot/home/config
trick to get them to go.  I didn't catch the --prefix trick until last night.
I saw your note on libpng and will try that one in the future as well.
 Should probably add these to the tips page as we go.  I updated the
libpng page to clean it up, the history is caught in the diffs if we
need to see it.  I updated ticket #2018 on Haiku as it was marked as a
security fix.

I've been reading through Martin Brown's porting book, he's the one
who first ported Perl to BeOS.  There's a few pages in the book
talking about tricks he used to get that one to work.  The reviews
I've seen of the book online complained about it being outdated
(written about 1997 i think), but so much of it still applies, good
read if you can get your hands on a copy.

--
BePorts homepage - http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts