[beports] Re: fpurge.c - "_IO_ferror_unlocked" maybe missing from Haiku?

  • From: Nick <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <beports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 14:26:10 -0600

> I managed to get findutils-4.4.0 to build. I did this by applying the>
> stdbool fix, the adding an || defined __HAIKU__ to the files that> checked
> "_IO_ferror_unlocked", and also had to patch parser.c as it> had a function
> where it declared variable inside an if statement> rather than at the top of
> the function, i guess that's a gcc 2.95> issue? Anyways Haiku was happy once
> I moved them to the top of the> function.> Question is, does BeOS set
> _IO_ferror_unlocked and Haiku doesn't, but> maybe it should be?> This affects
> the gnulib files listed in:> http://ports.haiku-files.org/ticket/70> >
> -scottmc
Scott,

You could try with ./configure --build=i586-pc-beos and see what happens.  If
it builds right then you may want to see what the difference(s) were in the
configure checks.

When you run configure, it tells you what is and what is not supported (
headers & functions ).  Capture configure output to text file to look over.

I looked over the test results and see that the failed ones relate to streams.
FAILED TESTS: fseek, fseeko, ftell, ftello
http://www.mkssoftware.com/docs/man3/fseek.3.asp
http://www.mkssoftware.com/docs/man3/ftell.3.asp

You may want to ask your question on haiku development list to find out why
these tests are failing.

->Nick

Try Chicktionary, a game that tests how many words you can form from the
letters given. Find this and more puzzles at Live Search Games!
http://g.msn.ca/ca55/207