[beports] Re: building .so library files

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: beports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 07:58:30 +0000

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 7:05 AM, Schrijvers Luc <Begasus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Another option is to enter the libtool file and check for the line
> allow_undefined_flag=
> and change unsupported to "undefined", probly not a clean way but this
> works for me, the reason for not building the shared lib is probly due
> to some missing or unsupported defines.
>
> Cu, Luc

Thanks Luc and Ingo.
I'll try that in the morning.  It just failed again, here's the key
fail points.  In the past week I've added nasm and yasm as possible
port targets, so maybe soon those will be in the working category,
(neither was a simple build and it just works though).
-scott

~/SDL-1.2.13-haiku> ./configure --enable-shared --prefix=/boot/common
checking for ld used by gcc... /boot/develop/tools/gnupro/i586-pc-haiku/bin/ld
checking if the linker
(/boot/develop/tools/gnupro/i586-pc-haiku/bin/ld) is GNUld... yes
checking for /boot/develop/tools/gnupro/i586-pc-haiku/bin/ld option to
reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /boot/develop/tools/gnupro/bin/nm -B
run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking whether  accepts -g... no
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 4096
checking command to parse /boot/develop/tools/gnupro/bin/nm -B output
from gcc object... ok
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... no
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... no
checking whether to build shared libraries... no
configure: creating libtool
appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
checking for ld used by g++... /boot/develop/tools/gnupro/i586-pc-haiku/bin/ld
checking if the linker
(/boot/develop/tools/gnupro/i586-pc-haiku/bin/ld) is GNUld... yes
checking whether the g++ linker
(/boot/develop/tools/gnupro/i586-pc-haiku/bin/ld) supports shared
libraries... no
checking whether the g++ linker
(/boot/develop/tools/gnupro/i586-pc-haiku/bin/ld) supports shared
libraries... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... no
appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking for windres... no
checking for haiku-windres... no
checking for inttypes.h... (cached) yes
checking for stdint.h... (cached) yes
checking ctype.h usability... yes
checking ctype.h presence... yes
checking for ctype.h... yes
checking for math.h... yes
checking iconv.h usability... yes
checking iconv.h presence... yes
checking for iconv.h... yes
checking for mprotect... no
checking for itoa... no
checking for iconv... no
checking for libiconv_open in -liconv... no
checking for pow in -lm... no
checking for yasm... no
checking to see if  supports unquoted-sections... no
checking for nasm... no
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile

--