[beports] Re: [RFC] diff file for gzip 1.3.12

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: beports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 22:50:45 -0700

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 8:12 PM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2008-05-15 at 01:28:00 [+0200], scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Taking a step back from my home directory and running:
>> grep -r "__BEOS__" home
>> shows a ton of occurrences, which means I need to go check all of
>> those to see what happens if __BEOS__ were not defined.
>> Luckily there was only one other __BEOS_ in the gzip directory though:
>>
>> In fcntl_.h,
>> #ifdef __BEOS__
>> /* BeOS 5 has O_BINARY and O_TEXT, but they have no effect. */
>> # undef O_BINARY
>> # undef O_TEXT
>> #endif
>>
>> Any idea what this would mean for Haiku?
>
> At the moment it's the same for Haiku, though we might want to decide to drop
> them. I believe there's no benefit in having them and I've already
> encountered at least two packages that needed a work-around for them.
>
>> Next noob question, now that I have a diff created with the -u option,
>> how do I change that into a usable .patch file?
>
> The diff output is what the patch program eats; you don't need to change
> anything.
>
>> And once I get the .patch file how do I check it into our repository?
>
> Check out the repository:
>
>  svn co http://tools.assembla.com/svn/BePorts/BePorts/trunk
>
> You need to specify your user name (--username <name>), if your the user name
> under which you're executing the command differs from your Assembla user
> name. The rest is standard svn use ("svn add" to add files/dirs to version
> control, "svn ci" to check them into the repository). For more info:
>
>  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/
>
>> I'm probably going to have lots of things to check-in once I figure
>> out what I am doing.  Should I just pass them through one of you for
>> now?
>
> I'm a lazy bastard, so not through me at least. :-)
>
> CU, Ingo

Ok.  Looks like I've now got enough figured out that I can be
dangerous.  I added the diff file for gzip and cut/pasted/edited a
.bep file for jbigkit to see if I was doing things right and it
appears I'm on the right track.
I also closed out the ticket for jbigkit.  Should we close them after
we have them working on Haiku, or all 3 platforms?  Please let me know
if you notice anything wrong with my checkins.  I'll hold off on
putting more in until Thursday night my time, which is about 20 hours
from when I sent this.
-scottmc

--
BePorts homepage - http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts