[beports] Re: [RFC] diff file for gzip 1.3.12

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: beports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 05:12:41 +0200

On 2008-05-15 at 01:28:00 [+0200], scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Taking a step back from my home directory and running:
> grep -r "__BEOS__" home
> shows a ton of occurrences, which means I need to go check all of
> those to see what happens if __BEOS__ were not defined.
> Luckily there was only one other __BEOS_ in the gzip directory though:
>
> In fcntl_.h,
> #ifdef __BEOS__
> /* BeOS 5 has O_BINARY and O_TEXT, but they have no effect. */
> # undef O_BINARY
> # undef O_TEXT
> #endif
>
> Any idea what this would mean for Haiku?

At the moment it's the same for Haiku, though we might want to decide to drop
them. I believe there's no benefit in having them and I've already
encountered at least two packages that needed a work-around for them.

> Next noob question, now that I have a diff created with the -u option,
> how do I change that into a usable .patch file?

The diff output is what the patch program eats; you don't need to change
anything.

> And once I get the .patch file how do I check it into our repository?

Check out the repository:

  svn co http://tools.assembla.com/svn/BePorts/BePorts/trunk

You need to specify your user name (--username <name>), if your the user name
under which you're executing the command differs from your Assembla user
name. The rest is standard svn use ("svn add" to add files/dirs to version
control, "svn ci" to check them into the repository). For more info:

  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

> I'm probably going to have lots of things to check-in once I figure
> out what I am doing.  Should I just pass them through one of you for
> now?

I'm a lazy bastard, so not through me at least. :-)

CU, Ingo

--
BePorts homepage - http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts