[beports] Re: [RFC] diff file for gzip 1.3.12

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: beports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 23:08:25 +0200

Am 14.05.2008 um 22:44 schrieb scott mc:

Here's a diff for gzip that fixes a BeOS workaround

Acked-by: Andreas Faerber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>

You could consider sticking with their previous coding style of using defined __BEOS__ and maybe drop the spaces inside the parenthesis. But that's a change the maintainers could also apply themselves if they are strict about these things. ;)

( i used 'diff
stdbool_h-haiku stdbool_.h > stdbool_.h' to create it, is that the
correct way?).

Not quite, apart from the missing .diff extension above (you do seem to have it on the attachment), please always use unified diffs (diff - u, cvs diff -u, default for svn and git diffs). They are better readable and old style diffs may be rejected.

For our own repository it would be okay then. For upstream patches you should check whether they have a CVS/SVN/Git/whatever repository and create the patch using the specific tool, such as cvs diff -u or svn diff.

Are we submitting these types of fixes, where we put in " if defined
(__BEOS__) && !defined (__HAIKU__) " in place of ifdef __BEOS__ ?

Ingo? I have not submitted the gnulib patch yet due to the open question of whether or not to drop __BEOS__ completely. If it remains for the time being, +1 from me.

What about the config.guess when sending updates?

As mentioned earlier, do not yet. Ingo's changes are not declared final and afaik not merged upstream for libtool & co either.

Andreas

--
BePorts homepage - http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts