[beports] Re: PortLogPlugin and the new host

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: beports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 09:25:06 -0700

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 8:53 AM, Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 05.06.2008 um 17:35 schrieb Brecht Machiels:
>

>>> Also
>>> with the version and revision being shown after the portname is there
>>> a way to make the left hand column wider on the front page so that
>>> most of them will only take up a single line instead of breaking in
>>> two, and will fit in the shaded background area nicer as well.
>>
>> I've changed that now.
>
> Haven't looked at this change yet, but I'd prefer to drop that box
> altogether. To find out about changes, the Timeline page is more helpful
> imo, and it doesn't really add value. It would be better to have textual
> news items there, such as xyz 1.2.3 ported to Haiku, or the like.
>
> Andreas

Looks better after the fix.  I do like having it, but a "News" section
at the top might be better.  Perhaps keep the Last Changes box, but
put it under a "News" section, but yeah the timeline page does show it
in better detail, so if we drop it, it's no big loss.
I like the new "review changes" button, I try to check my changes
before submitting so as not to have too many corrected pages due to
typos and such.
-scott

--
BePorts homepage - http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts