[beports] Re: Port names and links

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: beports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 23:40:42 +0200

Am 23.04.2008 um 17:49 schrieb scott mc:

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 8:12 AM, Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx > wrote:
Hi Scott,

Please double-check the names of the ports you add in Gentoo Portage first. It's not dev-lang/freepascal but dev-lang/fpc, physfs is in dev- games and it's not 7zip but p7zip. I did not find a way to rename pages, so once a page is created such mistakes seem to require copying the contents to the correct page and removing it from the old one, losing the edit history (cf. bzr vs. bazaar, which both existed in Gentoo Portage and I chose the wrong
one).

[snip]

I noticed Brecht has added some info on the ToDo page related to renaming. As a compromise, while we don't have such a feature yet, I've updated the categories and headings to look as if the port pages were in the right place, so that they can be found correctly except when entered manually.

Andreas
--
BePorts homepage - http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts