[beports] CVS/SVN head portlog/patches

  • From: Brecht Machiels <brecht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: beports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 11:30:36 +0200

Hello,

I noticed Andreas provided a patch against the CVS head of dev-util/cvs.
As the CVS head sources will change over time, I suggest we name the
patches so that they indicate the CVS revision. I'm not sure how it is
with CVS, but for SVN repositories, it would be something like
port-r24713.diff. This way, even when the CVS head has changed
considerably, others can check out the revision in question and make
sense of the patch.

Similarly, the PortLog should also mention the cvs/svn revision the log
corresponds to. So instead of "CVS HEAD", say "CVS revision ..."

In the weekend I will probably have time to make the appropriate changes
to the wiki pages.

Best regards,
Brecht

--