[bento-dev] Bento Trusty rc2 related information

  • From: meets@xxxxxx
  • To: bento-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 14:34:23 +0200

Hello,
Bento Trusty rc2 is out on the server provided by gandi.net:
http://downloads.linuxvillage.org/

main changes:
fully updated
replaced lxrandr with arandr
added baobab
added pdfshuffler

removed "export XDG_MENU_PREFIX=lxde-" from $HOME/.config/openbox/environment
and
added it to the $HOME/.config/openbox/lang/autostart-* files.

It fixes an issue where when doing a file association in pcmanfm ("open with"
menu)
if the desktop file of the program looked for does not have 'GTK;' at the end
of the
'Categories=' line, the program would not appear in the list: Credit and thanks
Andrej N. Gritsenko (LStranger), developper of the pcmanfm gtk version for the
fix.

Are missing in this version:
* zram-config (which had an issue in Vivid, but fixed now, so I'll reintroduce
it in
Trusty and test);

* lightdm-gtk-greeter-settings - available in Vivid from the Universe repos,
available
for Trusty in this ppa:
https://launchpad.net/~kalgasnik/+archive/ubuntu/lightdm-gtk-greeter-settings-daily-xubuntu

had a bug affecting it when some themes were used:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/lightdm-gtk-greeter/+bug/1460303

I want to add the missing bits before syncing the two other servers.

Regards,
Mélodie

--

http://linuxvillage.org