[Belmont Chamber TechLink] March 20th Hearing on Small Business Regulatory Reform

  • From: Belmont Chamber TechLink <listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: belmontchamber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 13:20:56 -0800

I am forwarding a message from the Governor's Small Business Reform
Task Force regarding a public hearing on regulatory reform on March 20th.
if
you are interested in having your concerns and views heard, please read on
for instructions.

Charmaine Hope
Belmont Chamber of Commerce

 > Notice of Public Meeting of the State of California
 > Governor's Small Business Reform Task Force
 > Public Hearing on Regulatory Reform
 >
 > AGENDA
 > March 20th, 2003 *10:00AM
 > Crowne Plaza Cabana
 > 4290 El Camino Real
 > Palo Alto, CA 94306
 >
 > The Governor's Small Business Reform Task Force is seeking small
business
input on regulatory reform.  Submit your views on how California
regulations
should change on issues including but not limited to:

 > Contracting Regulations * Environmental Regulations * Labor Laws
 > Business Regulations * Taxes * Energy Regulations
 >
 > I. Call to Order
 >
 > I. Introduction of Task Force Members and General Remarks
 >
 > I. Public Testimony Regarding Regulatory Reform
 >
 > I. Closing Remarks
 >
 > I. Adjourn
 >

 > Representatives from the Office of Governor Gray Davis and key State
Agencies will be in attendance to hear your testimony

 > Four ways to submit testimony:
 > * In-person comments at the Public Hearing.  Arrive early to register to
make comments.  Speakers may be limited to 3 minutes.
 > * Fax commentary to (916) 324-4239.
 > * E-mail commentary to info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Include your name,
affiliation and address.
 > * Mail commentary to Sonya Blake, Task Force Chair, at the address
below.
 > The Governor's Small Business Reform Task Force was established by the
Small Business Regulatory Reform Act of 2000 to "identify problems and
ideas
from the small business community concerning the regulation, communication,
and assistance of state government with small business."  The three (3)
goals of the task force are: (1) create a website to solicit public input;
(2) conduct at least four public hearings around the state to seek advice
and recommendations; and (3) conduct a study to consider the problems
encountered by small businesses working with different levels of
government,
different offices in state and local government, and multiple
jurisdictions,
especially in the context of applying for and obtaining required permits
and
licenses.  The task force will report its findings and recommendations to
the Governor and the Legislature.

 > Current task force members and their home cities are:
 >
 > * Task Force Chair:  Ms. Sonya Blake, Director, Governor's Office of the
Advocate for Small Business, Los Angeles
 > * Secretary Aileen Adams, State & Consumer Services Agency, Sacramento
 > * Secretary Maria Contreras-Sweet, Business, Transportation & Housing
Agency, Sacramento
 > * Secretary Lon Hatamiya, California Technology, Trade & Commerce
Agency,
Sacramento
 > * Secretary Winston Hickox, California Environmental Protection Agency,
Sacramento
 > * Secretary Stephen Smith, California Labor and Workforce Development
Agency, Sacramento
 > * Mr. Paul Pendergast, Pendergast & Associates, San Francisco
 > * Mr. Wayne Perry, Cornerstone Concilium, San Francisco
 > * Mr. Omar Ricci, Applied Insights, LLC, Los Angeles
 > * Mr. Alexander Rosas, Economic Development, Los Angeles
 > * Mr. H. Cooke Sunoo, Asian Pacific Islander Small Business Program, Los
Angeles
 > * Ms. Betty Jo Toccoli, California Small Business Association, Culver
City
 > * Ms. Cathy Walters-Gillick, Small Business Success Advisors, San Diego
 > * Mr. Bruce Wilson, The Wilson Group, Sacramento
 > * Mr. Peter Wohl, Deloitte Consulting, San Francisco
 > * Mr. Calvin Womble, The Ellington Group, Inc., San Francisco
 >
 > The Governor's Small Business Reform Task Force agenda is available on
the
Internet at http://www.smallbusiness.ca.gov/content/MeetingsEvents.shtml

 > Notice of all task force meetings will be given at least ten days in
advance and such notice must include a copy of the agenda.  In addition,
there can be no additions made to the agenda subsequent to that notice,
which precludes there being any supplemental agendas.

 > This location is accessible to people with disabilities.  If special
accommodations for the disabled are needed or if you have any questions or
comments, please contact Lanika Kincy at least three business days in
advance of the meeting at (916) 324-5770.

 > Katrina Rosseini, Special Assistant to the Director
 > Governor's Office of the Advocate for Small Business
 > 1400 Tenth Street
 > Sacramento, CA  95812-3044
 > (916) 324-5770 * (916) 324-4239 FAX
 >
 > 300 South Spring Street, Suite 16701
 > Los Angeles, CA  90013
 >

 > Visit www.smallbusiness.ca.gov to find out how the state can help your
 > small business to succeed.

-- Type: application/pdf
-- File: PaloAlto-PublicHearingNotice.pdf

For more information about the Belmont Chamber of Commerce,
please visit the Chamber's web site at http://belmontchamber.org/