[beleriand] theme vote

  • From: Jon Bender <jbender@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: beleriand@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:58:10 -0500

  Here are my current preferences on theme:

  a homemade theme
  based upon the first age arda
  based upon the third age arda, at the time of the war of
  the rings
  based on some other book

  The reason that I am putting a home made theme up first is
that I think it'll be the best thing in the long run.  We'll
be much more flexible in terms of what we will and will not
allow.  This doesn't mean that we'll end up with people
wielding pizza's, mind you.  We should still have a
consistent world, but we can choose what we do and do not
wish to see in it.

  Personally, I think we should start out with a complete
map of the world, with all of the /major/ cities and major
geographical features.  This will keep things from getting
confused in the future.  (That is, we have some huge city
here, but nothing around it would suggest that it exists)
We'll still have all the small details to fill in, quest
areas, the city layout, smaller towns and villages, but the
/framework/ for the world would already be in place.  I
think that if we do this and set up a few simple ground
rules, it'd be a lot easier then it first appears.

PS.  Like my .sig?  Gotta love randomness. :)
--
|jbender@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|